Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner - The Better Sister

Have you heard of Ginseng and it's incredible benefits?

Last week I told you about the Elemis Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser (link here) which came in a set with this toner. I wasn't so sold on the cleanser but the toner is definitely a winner.

The Elemis Rehydrating Ginseng Toner is a lovely gentle toner that efficiently removes dirt and grime leaving the skin clean but soft. It's so comfortable on the ski, it causes no irritation or problems, but it's effective enough to give a thorough clean and I have found that it helps prevent blemishes and blackheads. WIN WIN!!!!

The toner bottle is again simple by the smooth mat finish agin gives a good grip and the spray application is hygienic and effective. I personally like to spray this onto a cotton pad, however the spray aspect means you can spray it directly onto the face if you prefer a refreshing mist.

This may look like your average toner, but don't be deceived by the packaging, it's anything but!!!!
Ginseng is a root and doing my research I am amazed at all the health benefits from heart health to hair growth there is a world of benefits from Ginseng. I have started trailing tablets (as can be seen above), I will let you know the supposed benefits and if they are effective. But to focus on the benefits in a toner, Ginseng helps improve collagen formation helping to keep skin firm and elastic, slowing the ageing process. It's also full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help keep skin healthy.

Other mentioned ingredients include Quillaja Wood a natural foaming agent that has also shown to be anti-inflammatory and prevent acne; and Sweet Betty Flower which is a fantastic alternative to alcohol in a toner as it is gentle and does not strip or upset the skin.

So i'm sure any science lovers out there will agree the ingredients in the toner are much more interesting. I would definitely recommend trying this toner, I think both dry and combination skin types will love it's gentle and refreshing touch. Those with oily skin may want to skip, but I personally will be returning in the future.

This is definitely one of the best toners I have ever tried, it's so gentle and effective. Unlike the cleanser I think the Rehydrating Ginseng Toner is worth splashing £22 (200ml) on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram