OGX and a Natural Miracle

Gorgeous and Convenient Brightly Coloured Bottles
When I first saw OGX in boots I was instantly attracted by the the unusual bottles and promises of natural care and sophisticated ingredients. Having no reviews I decided to side-step the brand and buy the reliable Aussie. I later came to regret that decision when out of nowhere a flood of blog reviews praising the OGX brand for there luxury results at drugstore prices.

I can honestly say I 100% agree with all the praise and promises the brand is receiving. My hair has never been in such good condition since I started using. As always not all the products in the range are equal, there are defiantly some that I would recommend over others.

Before I review I best let you know about my struggle with hair. I have extremely temperamental hair the roots get oily quickly and the ends get dry and tangled easily, especially since since I added blond into the mix. My scalp is quite complicated though, if I use a hydrating shampoo my hair is greasy the following day, but a other shampoos cause me to get a flaky scalp.


Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo Looks and Smells like Sweet Golden Syrup

My first buys where the Anti-Breakage Keratin Oil Shampoo and the Hydrating Macadamia Nut Conditioner. The Keratin Oil Shampoo is liquid gold for hair, it looks and smells beautiful, it's a real pleasure massaging your hair with this sweet smelling lotion. It really does remove all dirt and grime without stripping the scalp and causing irritation.The main claims are to strengthen the hair and reduce breakages, I do feel that it does live up to this claim, my blond strands no longer snap as much when brushing and my hair overall feels a lot healthier. The shampoo is also contains Argan Oil, despite this I still found I suffered from a slightly flakey scalp, but not half as much as I have with other shampoos. Amazingly my hair has also does not get greasy as quickly as it used to.

Luckily I have finally managed to stop my flaky greasy scalp problem. A tip from my hairdresser to shampoo twice led me to buy the Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo. A milky white lotion with a coconut scent. On it's own it leaves my hair greasy within a day, however when used after the Keratin Oil Shampoo, I have no flakes and me hair has never lasted longer between washes.The mix of coconut milk and egg white proteins are a lovely treatment, and I find despite the hydration my hair is still clean and weightless. Since finishing the Keratin Oil Shampoo and decided to try the Thick and Full Biotin and Collagen Shampoo, it doesn't feel as luxurious in fact the liquid is lilic and lumpy with a slight musky floral scent. It is however it does leave the same clean and healthy feeling and followed the Coconut Milk Shampoo I don't get flakes either. Vitamin B7 Biotin is well known for creating thicker and fuller hair and the added ingredients of collagen and hydrolysed wheat protein make for a promising mix. I really do think my hair has more lift at the root since using this shampoo.


Macadamia Nut Conditioner is a Hair Miracle
The Macadamia Nut Conditioner is by far the best conditioner I have ever tried!!!! Since adding blonde to my hair I have't been able to get enough hydration to my locks, but since switching to this conditioner my locks are smooth, shiny, hydrated and healthy. They are far easier to untangle and manage. Usually I would need to use a hair mask for these results but a small amount of this conditioner completely transforms my hair into something rather special. The creamy liquid contains macadamia oil, bamboo extract and sugar cane extract. The formula is thick and smells beautiful and sweet, I'm already on my second bottle. I did also try the Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner, but I personally think it has nothing on the Macadamia Nut Conditioner. It was no way near as hydrating and although it wasn't bad it's not the best either. It does benefit from a lovely smell though.

I'm now seeing OGX everywhere, online, in shops and even ASDA has jumped on the bandwagon. At £6.99 the range is rather expensive but not ridiculous so, however I have noticed there is usually always an offer on the range e.g. a third off, that makes it much more affordable. What I have also found is because of the shape of the bottle, you can get every last drop of product out. I have my eye on more of the brand, many of the other ranges sound very inviting and the hair masks are calling me louder everyday.

I personally buy mine from Boots but they don't have the full range which you can find on the OGX Website. I personally am struggling to find some of the ranges, particularly for a reasonable price!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram