L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream - The Saviour of my Hand

Have you tried any Shea Butter products?

L'Occitane En Provence is my go to brand for bath and body products! It's not a cheap brand, but the products are all natural and amazing quality. The Shea Butter range is one of L'Occitane's most popular ranges and has won numerous awards for it's ability to nourish and moisturise the skin.

The skin on my hands is extremely sensitive, and for years I suffered from bad eczema which was not only really irritating, but also made me want to hide my hands. After trailing a number of products to rid myself of the eczema, I bought some pure Shea Butter that finally worked but was incredibly greasy and took ages to absorb. Whilst my eczema was gone, my hand was left looking far older than it's real age. Last Christmas my sister bought me a range of products from the Shea Butter range including the hand cream.

What's your favourite hand cream?

If you have dry hands that need a bit more than a little TLC....this is the hand cream for you! It's extremely moisturising and has not only kept my eczema at bay, but has restored my hands skin back to their actual age! The formula is made of 20% Shea Butter which is the perfect amount, as you get the benefits without the drawbacks. L'Occitane have been getting their Shea Butter in a fair-trade partnership with the women of Burkina Faso since the 1980's, when Olivier Baussan first discovered the ingredient. Shea Butter is actually a fat that's full of Oleic Acid that is highly compatible with the sebum our skin produces, meaning it is absorbed easily into the skin. Shea Butter is not only known for being extremely moisturising but it also full of vitamins A and E making it one of the most effective ingredients for protecting and healing the skin.

The hand cream also contains honey, almond and coconut oil that not only boost the moisturising effect, but gives the cream a nicer texture that is non greasy. What I don't like about the product is the smell, I think it's really old fashioned, like something your nan would wear or a medical cream. In saying that, I actually love the packaging, it's a simple metal tube that helps keep the product cold and it easy to squeeze. The label feels vintage and you can imagine it being sold in a little shop in the French countryside. Even if your not suffering from any skin problems, using this at night for a bit of age prevention would certainly be worth the money.

This huge 150ml tube costs £19 (or £8/30ml) which may seem expensive but I can guarantee that not only will it last, it will also work. If your suffering from any dermatitis issues, the Shea Butter range is something that might be worth investing in. It certainly worked for me, I'm so impressed I may just invest in the foot cream since I have promised my feet a bit more care and attention!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

 

Bloglovin

Kat's Beauty Tales

Instagram